5 Fun Facts About The 'Twilight' Series
November 10th, 2012 2:00pm EST
Do you consider yourself a Twi-hard who knows all the details from the pages of Stephenie Meyer's books? With “Breaking Dawn Part 2” hitting theaters this month, sink your teeth into these five fun facts about the "Twilight" series that even the most informed vampire lovers may not even know.
1. Screenwriter Melissa Matheson accidently left the entire "Breaking Dawn" script in a restroom in Louisiana before filming on the show began. As if leaving the script wasn't bad enough, her top-secret notes were with it as well. Thankfully, a hotel worker returned the script and her notes to her completely intact.
2. Kristen Stewart’s natural green eyes aren't a fit for the brown eyes Bella has in the books. Because of this, Kristen wears contacts to make her eyes brown in the movies. However, in the break-up scene in “New Moon,” Bella’s eyes were altered post production because the heavy rain during the shooting prevented Kristen from wearing contacts.
3. After the frightening fight with James in the 2008 "Twilight" film, Bella wakes up in a hospital room and is talking to her mother about the extent of her injuries. If you take note of the TV in the background during this scene, you will see it is playing a montage of the fight scene that occurred in the ballet studio.
4. The ideas for "Twilight" came to Stephenie Meyer in a dream. She wrote the first draft of the her book on February 6, 2003, right after she woke up from a dream about an average girl who falls in love with a hot vampire.
5. Taylor Lautner has studied karate since he was a young kid and has competed in multiple world championships. He was even number one at NASKA’s Black Belt Open Form, Musical Weapons, Traditional Weapons, and Traditional Forms. No wonder he makes such a strong werewolf!
Now you can impress your fellow "Twilight" fans with your newfound knowledge about the series. “Breaking Dawn Part 2” hits theaters November 16.
Photo Credits: Summit Entertainment