Box Office Predictions: 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Should Set November Opening Weekend Record
1) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire- 170M Weekend, 170M Total
The Hunger Games is tracking to be the biggest opening in November, ever. Simply put, it is tracking to do better than the original, which already had a stunning 152.5M opening weekend in March 2012. Even if it matched the opening of the original, it would set a new opening weekend record for November. So, this is a pretty epic weekend. Catching Fire has a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, pleasing critics across the board. Midnight shows should be huge, and will help to push Catching Fire to new heights.
2) Thor: The Dark World- 16M Weekend, 170M Total
Thor will dip a little over 55% this weekend, as The Hunger Games sucks up all the air in the room.
3) The Best Man Holiday- 15M Weekend, 53M Total
With an A+ cinemascore, and not really direct competition from The Hunger Games, Best Man Holiday should do really well this weekend. A dip of about 50% to 15M could be in store.
4) Delivery Man- 12M Weekend, 12M Total
With some rather unimpressive reviews (around 20% on Rotten Tomatoes), Vince Vaughn’s latest hasn’t had strong tracking with viewers. He will be lucky to get above 10M this weekend.
5) Last Vegas- 5.5M Weekend, 55M Total
Last Vegas has awesome legs, and should continue slowly chugging along.
6) Free Birds- 5M Weekend, 48M Total
Free Birds is still the only kids film in the marketplace.
7) Bad Grandpa- 4.5M Weekend, 96M Total
The Jackass film will pass the 100M mark before the end of its run. How about them apples.
8) Gravity- 4.5M Weekend, 246M Total
Gravity will dip just a little this weekend, and will close in in 250M.
9) 12 Years A Slave- 3.5M Weekend, 29M Total
12 Years A Slave will slide a bit.
Enders Game and Captain Phillips will vie to round out the Top 10.