Jeff Beck, Foo Fighters & Manic Street Preachers Lead Classic Rock Awards
November 10th, 2011 11:00am EST
Guitar great Jeff Beck, the Foo Fighters and the Manic Street Preachers were among the big winners at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honor Awards in London on Wednesday night.
Dave Grohl's group walked away with the Band of the Year trophy, while the Manic Street Preachers were handed the Classic Songwriters prize at the ceremony, held at the English capital's Roundhouse venue.
Jeff Beck's lifetime achievements were recognized as he collected the Living Legend Award, following in the footsteps of previous recipients like Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop.
Elsewhere at the prizegiving, which was hosted by Kiss frontman Gene Simmons, The Who were honored with the Classic Album prize for Quadrophenia, and former Pink Floyd star Roger Waters took home the Event Of The Year trophy for his live shows performing the group's album "The Wall."
The main list of winners is as follows:
- Living Legend Award - Jeff Beck
- Event Of The Year - Roger Waters, The Wall Live Tour
- Innovator Award - Deep Purple
- Classic Songwriter - Manic Street Preachers
- Outstanding Contribution - Bob Ezrin
- Metal Guru Award - The Scorpions
- Classic Album Award - The Who, Quadrophenia
- Album Of The Year - Michael Monroe, Sensory Overdrive
- Reissue Of The Year - Queen (for five repackaged albums)
- Film/DVD Award - Lemmy, Lemmy
- Band Of The Year - Foo Fighters
Photo Credits: PR Photos